Facilitated by the STEAM Factory, this interactive learning space in the Cartoon Room, 3rd floor features demos of forward-thinking tools and projects and opportunities for ideation, networking and discussion. Attendees can explore, imagine and investigate new ideas in a space where education, technology and creativity converge.
Explore new ideas and technologies
Sometimes the best way to learn a new concept is to dive right in! From virtual and augmented reality, to gameful learning, to mobile apps, the Imaginarium features a variety of innovative tools and topics. Visit with presenters at their tech displays or tables to ask questions, share ideas and try things out!
All Day (10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
- ARTrees: Augmented Reality Trees on the Ohio State Campus
- The Innovation Studio
- Retro Video Games = Math Fun!
- Spellbreaker (breath engine)
- The STEMcoding Project: Bringing the Hour of Code to Science and Math Classrooms
- Tech Hub - Magic Leap Demo
- Tego: A Personal Safety App
- Traditional Culture and Cutting-Edge Technology: Discovering Andean and Amazonian Worldviews Through Digital Interactive Features (outside hallway)
- Virtual Reality Exploration of Earth's Cryosphere
Morning (10 a.m. - noon)
- Beat Math Anxiety: Creating a Safe Virtual Space in Mathematics Class
- Digital Knowledge Maps in Education
- Explore H5P for Student Engagement*
- Hands-On GradeCraft: Building Student Autonomy One Assessment at a Time*
- It's Not Rocket Science: How First Year Students Can Build Tools to Understand the Universe
- OnRamp: Unlock Your Innovative Mind
- Trekking Across the Margins: Online Collaborative Annotation for Teaching and Learning
- Using the iPad in Your Course: Assignments, Activities and Lessons Learned
* These presenters are also delivering a companion breakout session or Lightning Ideas presentation during the day.
Afternoon (1:30 - 3:30 p.m.)
- Access and Affordabilty: Learn More and Explore CarmenBooks*
- Be Creative: Engaging Online Simulations in a Budget-Neutral Environment
- Fair Use and Public Domain: Explore New Materials for Teaching*
- Happy Little Students: Harnessing Your Inner Bob Ross in the Classroom
- Simulation Based Learning: Experience VR*
- Small Tech: Easy Integration in an Accidental iPad Classroom
- Try Out Quizzle: The Open Tool that Will Change the Way You Test*
- Virtual and Augmented Reality: Thoughtful Implementation*
Generate knowledge with others
The Imaginarium was developed to foster creativity and discussion among all who visit. Attendees are encouraged to share ideas around conference themes and use this space as an additional opportunity to network with fellow conference goers.
New this year... the IDea Bar!
Heard about a new tool or strategy in a breakout session or while exploring the Imaginarium that you’d like to try out in your teaching? Stop by the IDea Bar to consult with our instructional designers and brainstorm how to incorporate new approaches in your courses. Ask us about video, course design, CarmenCanvas, assessment, iPads and more!
Visit our podcasting table
Visit our table staffed by the Office of Distance Education and eLearning to ask about podcasting. Learn about integrating podcasting into your course assignments, creating podcasts to deliver course content, and the tools you can use to do so.
Engage with student work
At InnovateX, we are highlighting student voices and perspectives. Join us throughout the day to hear about creative and inspring student work during our Student Spotlight talks. In the collaborative spirit of the Imaginarium, these 15-20 minute informal presentations allow plenty of room for open discussion, idea sharing and Q&A.