Facilitated by the STEAM Factory, this newly developed hands-on learning space will be open during all breakout sessions. It will feature demos of forward-thinking tools and projects, engaging micro-lectures, and opportunities for ideation, networking and discussion. Attendees are encouraged to visit the Imaginarium throughout the day to explore, imagine, and investigate new ideas in a space where education and technology converge.
Listen to Micro-Lectures
These high-energy “TED Talks” style lectures are an opportunity to learn about innovative work from Imaginarium presenters. There will be a schedule of presentations throughout the day, but that’s not your only opportunity to learn about these topics. Be sure to visit presenters' table displays for further exploration, Q&A and discussion.
Morning Session (10:00 - 11:40 AM)
- 10:00 - Top Hat demonstration
- 10:10 - Active Collaborative Learning in Our Flippin' Classroom
- 10:20 - A Community that Learns: The Online Master in Art Education at The Ohio State University
- 10:30 - Authentic Learning in Course Design
- 10:40 - Evaluating and Integrating Digital Content in Middle School Math Classrooms
- 10:50 - FlipGrid Makes Discussion Visual and Builds Community
- 11:00 - General Chemistry Interactive Resources: Lessons Learned in Digital Textbook Development
- 11:10 - Re-imagining the Library with Makerspace and Design Thinking
- 11:20 - Lessons Learned from the 21st Century Post-Modern Classroom
- 11:30 - Pushing the Message: Using Blogs to Advocate and Engage
Lunch (11:45 AM - 12:40 PM)
- 11:50 - The Innovation Studio: Unlocking New Channels to Promote Innovation
- 12:00 - Getting to Know You: Making Personal Connections Using Carmen Tools
Afternoon Session (1:30 - 3:15 PM)
- 1:30 - 3D Scanning Skeletons
- 1:40 - Virtual Weeds: The Trials of Scanning Living Plants
- 1:50 - Designing Learning Experiences with the Learning Space Toolkit
- 2:00 - NameCoach demonstration
- 2:10 - Breaking the Barrier in Affordable Technology
- 2:20 - Switching from a Commercial Textbook to a Ximera OER Textbook
- 2:30 - Unleashing the Hidden Power in PowerPoint
- 2:50 - Can You Create Immediate Impact Using Real World Examples Around You?
- 3:00 - We Need to Get Out of Our Own Way
- 3:10 - The iBook Platform: A Realization of Faculty Collaboration, Textbook Affordability, and Innovation
Explore New Technologies
Sometimes the best way to learn a new concept is to dive right in! In the Imaginarium, you will have the opportunity to view, investigate and play with emerging technology and teaching concepts.
Explore the following innovative technologies and projects all day:
- Cool tools by our sponsors at Top Hat and NameCoach
- The Innovation Studio, a traveling makerspace/idea incubator at Ohio State
- Knowlton's Drones: Leveraging High-Resolution Aerial Imagery for "Complete Street" Service Learning
- FEVer in the Web Browser: Exploring Weather and Climate with the Fluid Earth Viewer
- Virtual Reality and Hololens tools from students at ASC Tech
- Switching from a Commercial Textbook to a Ximera OER Textbook
- Ohio State’s Hackathon/Makeathon events
- Student voices from the Affordable Learning Exchange
Generate Knowledge with Others
The Imaginarium was developed to foster creativity and discussion among all who visit. While there will be plenty of activity in the Imaginarium, you should also consider it a flexible space for conversation, networking and idea generation.
There will be a community bulletin board and table topics for discussion to encourage open sharing of ideas around conference threads and provide opportunities for attendees to engage beyond the conference.